Artwork reproduction requests
No artworks of the Constitutional Court Art Collection (CCAC) may be professionally photographed at close proximity or in such a way that the artwork fills the entire photo or video screen, nor may such capturing be published in any form, unless prior permission has been obtained. Artworks may be depicted as part of a background scene if they are not the primary focus point, provided approval was granted to professionally photograph the area where artworks are exhibited. In the case of full artwork reproduction, a reproduction request needs to be submitted well in advance to the CCAC team, in order for a permission request to be submitted to the copyright holder.
The Constitutional Court Trust (CCT), custodian of the CCAC, may assist in getting approval for the reproduction of CCAC artworks. The right holder(s) is to be determined on a case-to-case basis.
- A reproduction request needs to be submitted at least three months in advance for processing; shorter processing times cannot be guaranteed, but may be accommodated on a case to case basis, as is feasible.
- Personal information of artists or right holders will not be divulged unless so approved.
- Licensing fees and royalties may or may not be payable, to be determined on a case-to-case basis.
- Digital images will only be released if due approval has been granted and on receival of proof of payment, if applicable.
- A mandatory caption crediting the artwork and its ownership, as supplied by the CCT, must accompany any use.
- A mock-up/proof of how the artwork(s) is to be used should be submitted to the CCT for approval prior to publication.
- If artworks from the CCAC are reproduced in an exhibition catalogue, research publication or multimedia product, a copy of the publication or product is to be provided to the CCT and the right holder(s) at no cost.
- The reproducer assumes full legal responsibility for any infringement of copyright that may occur through reproduction and/or publication.
- A reproduction request form needs to be completed for each artwork for which reproduction rights is sought.
Engagement with the CCAC and its individual works are encouraged and welcomed.
Please request a reproduction form by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also see: Photo and video policy information